Technological Innovation Special Award
Dr. Mark Snoswell chaired and hosted the Technological Innovation category. This award honors the best recent Technological Innovation in the 3D industry. Technologies nominated in this category demonstrate a high degree of technical novelty, quality of commercial and proprietary implementations, novelty and quality of implementations, breadth of applications and impact on recent and current productions.
Jury members: Dr. Mark Snoswell (Snoswell Design), Price Pethel, Beau Perschall (Turbo Squid).
- The Terrain Engine Behind Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, Sony Online Entertainment, USA
- Animanium: An Application for Character Animation with Flexible Inverse Kinematics, The University of Tokyo and Sega Corporation Mirai R&D, Japan
- RealFlow: Fluid Dynamics, Next Limit, Spain
- FaceGen: Statistical based face generation technology, Singular Inversions, USA
- Shave and Haircut: Dynamic hair simulation technology, Joe Alter, USA
- NPR1: Non-photorealistic rendering system, Reyes Infografica, Spain
Technological Innovation Special Award Nominees.
Click to play QuickTime (8MB).
Animanium: An Application for Character Animation with Flexible Inverse Kinematics, The University of Tokyo and Sega Corporation Mirai R&D, Japan
Leonard Teo (CGNetworks), Katsu Yamane (University of Tokyo), Yusuke Suzuki (Sega Corporation) and Dr. Mark Snoswell, who chaired and hosted the Technological Innovation category. |